Algolia is seeking a Backend engineer to improve and contribute to its search engine. You will be responsible for implementing new features, profiling the engine to push its performances forward and improving the overall quality of the code base.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to help Algolia being blazing fast and relevant. All sorts of challenges arise in a distributed search network of more than a thousand machines: ranging from low-level code optimizations to high-level data structures!
You will need to be autonomous, concerned with producing readable and maintainable code, and having a knack for solving problems in a pragmatic and efficient way.
Are you a C++ developer? We’re looking someone who doesn’t just maintain, but raises the bar for how we think about search and relevance. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Design and implement new features from draft to deployment
- Identify opportunities to improve the performances of the search engine
- Troubleshoot issues in production environment
- 3+ years of C++ development of production-released code
- A rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design)
- Ability to work in a UNIX-like environment and practical knowledge of shell scripting
- Full professional English proficiency
- Ability to make independent decisions and taking ownership for them
- EU work permit
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of memory management at the kernel level
- Experience debugging a program on a remote system
- Experience with the problematics around natural language processing