Algolia is hiring a Product Manager to take ownership of the roadmap of our Dashboard, which helps our users discover Algolia’s features, monitor their search metrics, and configure their search engine. You will be responsible to define and execute product roadmaps and launches working hand in hand with the Engineering, Design and Marketing teams, defining success and measuring the results of your decisions.
Algolia is an API-first company, but our Dashboard is one of the primary way our users interact with our product. It informs them, guides them, alerts them, and teaches them how to use our product and build amazing Search and Discovery experiences. We’ll need someone to help us build the Dashboard that our users love, and guides them towards success.
This is a unique opportunity for a Product Manager to help Algolia define and build consumer-grade search. In addition to being on the cutting-edge of a product and industry that is growing at a rapid rate, you’ll be responsible to work with the squads in establishing short and long-term goals for our Dashboard based on data collected from customers, the market & the competition.
You will need to have the relevant software engineering experience to understand the needs of our often technical users, as well as the ability to create a user experience that delights our users and guides them to success.
We’re looking for someone who doesn’t just maintain, but raises the bar for how we think about our Dashboard experience. You should value and practice transparency, have the humility to accept your weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally. Are you ready for the challenge?
Coming right from Nicolas, from the Product team : "I see Algolia as the ultimate dream of every Product Manager. Our engineering and design squads (and every other team we work with) are genuinely motivated by the goal of delivering more value to our users and our company. It's the most collaborative and productive environment I've had the chance to work in so far! Everybody is crazy smart, and works by our side to build the right product, for the right people, at the right time".
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to research and understand Dashboard features and product requirements.
- Validate and prioritize Dashboard features and concepts with customers and end users.
- Provide input and validate product strategy for the Dashboard using customer, competitive, and market insights
- Define, own and groom feature requests and build thorough business cases
- Partner with other PMs and teams to prioritize Algolia’s platform & infrastructure roadmap for Dashboard features
- Communicate Dashboard features and product roadmap externally to prospects, analysts, customers and the customer advisory board
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders (product marketing, services, and sales engineers)
- Collaborate on product launches with product marketing
- Evangelize the product to ensure market adoption
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Relevant technical or coding experience working on a technical product or API, your main users will be software engineers
- UX/UI mindset and experience
- Ability to improvise, think creatively and find simple solutions to solve complex problems
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience building or designing a dashboard for a technical SaaS product
- Experience working with search or search engines
- Experience as a Product Manager
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company
- HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Relocation support
- Company Canteen (high standard)
- Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
- Competitive pay and equity
- Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French)
- Fun: we spend time together — team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice
- Corporate flats available for the first months of relocation and when you travel to different offices
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team workouts
- Meals & happy hours