Do you want to join a fast-growing tech start up, exponentially develop your skills and have a great career opportunity in Accounting? If so, this job is made for you!
We're looking for a dynamic and ambitious Accounting Intern who will come in for 15-20 hours a week to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks in our San Francisco office as soon as possible! You will be part of a team of professionals working to support Algolia's business growth and expansion by maintain order and transparency for the company's finances.
In this role, you will work closely with the accounting manager and CFO. Your position can evolve along with the Accounting and Finance team’s growth with opportunities towards full-time employment. We're consistently looking for long-term members to add to our amazing team!
- Process payments and enter accounts payable invoices (A/P) and perform reconciliations
- Process accounts receivables (A/R)
- Assist with the general ledger
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the Accounting & Finance team
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll processing
- Support expense review and approval
- Daily reporting
- Perform ad-hoc accounting projects and tasks as necessary
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Have a passion for accounting and finance
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Great attention to detail
- Good learning capacity, strong adaptability and can work through problems on your own
NICE TO HAVE
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable, and/or accounting software experience
- Experience in an international environment
- Willing to grow in a start-up environment