At BlaBlaCar, we imagine a fairer, more open world of travel; where people are given the independence to connect with the places they love - and each other. BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading long-distance carpooling platform – a global, trusted community of 70 million drivers and passengers in 22 countries. With the recent integration of a coach network, our aim is to become the go-to for shared road mobility.
Why join us?
Our design team comes from a variety of countries and backgrounds, yet we all have one thing in common: passion. We’re constantly challenging ourselves - whether it’s a user problem, a small interface bug, or a way of working; we’re always asking how we can make things better.
When asked what they like about working at BlaBlaCar, our Designers mention: “We are involved early in projects”, “We rely a lot on data to make decisions,” We’re designing a service that is actually changing how millions of people travel”, “We dive into fascinating topics like social interactions, trust mechanisms in different countries, value of comfort, or perception of time”, “We save a lot of time by working with our own design system”, “We work in a company with a strong design culture that embraces the value of UX”.
We’re always investing in our design team, and today, are looking for a DesignOps Lead to join us.
Check out some of our team's blog posts to learn more about how we work.
What you will do:
- Support design projects through multiple squads: Set & lead design reviews, ensure project Rhythm, Product Design Framework use and Quality of deliveries
- Elevate Individuals: organize 1:1 coaching, provide thoughtful feedback and make your team grow
- Influence Product: challenge product peers in project definition and prioritization
- Vision: connect transversal topics and develop a UX vision for your scope and team practices
- Foster Culture: Apply and improve our Product Design Framework, elevate the Design Chapter culture and sharing practices
What you will need to be successful:
- 5-8+ years of hands on user experience design or design project management
- Previous experience in managing designers
- Understanding the design process, as well as product development and engineering principles
- Deep appreciation for elegant and thoughtful design
- A love for every UX touchpoint from pixels, to micro-interaction, content, and research
- Team-player mindset, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Humility, structure, passion, sense of humor, and action-oriented attitude
- Fluency in English
A few practical details about the role
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
What is next ?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 3 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will first invite you to an interview call followed by a case study and 2 onsite interviews.