BlaBlaCar is the global leader in long-distance carpooling. We’re an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of 60+ million members to transform the way people travel across the world!
Why join us?
The Database Reliability Engineers, part of the Foundations Team are responsible for designing, building and maintaining BlaBlaCar’s stateful infrastructure in a fast-paced environment. The team’s work ensures that our community of over 60 million members uses a fast and reliable platform where databases are never a problem!
We think ahead. We move fast. We like bleeding-edge technologies. Oh and by the way: everything we run here is in containers, yes, even the databases !
What you will directly contribute to:
- Designing, building and improving parts of our infrastructure to address scaling needs and resiliency in a fast-moving international environment;
- Developing tools and services to ease the work of developers with the perfect trade between ownership and good practices consistency:
- Designing and building systems to automate away problems;
- Responding to, investigating and fixing service issues.
What you will need to be successful?
- Relevant experience working in a system and/or software engineering role;
- Deep knowledge of databases concepts (clustering, replication, indexing, backup strat…)
- Experience with large scale SQL open source databases (MySQL is a plus)
- Experience with polyglot persistence infrastructures (ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Redis…)
- Deep knowledge of Linux fundamentals;
- Good knowledge of shell scripting and at least one systems oriented language (Go, python…);
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in English, French is a plus (other languages are appreciated).
And it would be nice (not required) if you had:
- Knowledge of container and process isolation technologies;
- Experience with large continuous integration/deployment systems;
- Knowledge in network infrastructure;
- Commits to open-source projects;
- International work or study experience is a significant advantage.
- Experience with large scale production systems and web technologies;
- Good knowledge of configuration management and monitoring systems.
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris HQ
- Contract: Permanent contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces
- Free carpooling to live our value “Be The Member”
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend
- Possibility to do a BlaBlaSwap once a year and go work from another BlaBlaOffice abroad
- Bi-Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other
- Weekly Tech Demos
- The choice between the latest Mac or PC equipment
- Opportunity to attend Tech conferences in France and Europe
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please apply below: upload your resume in English (PDF format) and answer our questions in English.
Kindly note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and that all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 4 weeks. If your application and profile fit our requirements, we will invite you for a first call, 3/4 interviews and a test.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.