English job in Paris
BlaBlaCar is the global leader in long-distance carpooling. We are an innovative and fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people travel!
For more information about us, please visit www.BlaBlaCar.com/DreamJobs
The BlaBlaCar Application has already been downloaded by more than 21 million BlaBlaCar members and mobile platforms represent more than 50% of our traffic! We are a truly mobile-first company!
The Core Mobile Team at BlaBlaCar aims at shaping architecture and foundations of Mobile Applications with constantly supporting feature-developers by creating tools and frameworks fitting their needs.
To fulfill this ambition, you will join a dedicated agile cross-skills Core Mobile Team consisting of experienced Mobile engineers with strong profiles.
What you will directly contribute to:
- Constantly modelling BlaBlaCar iOS app architecture using FRP, MVVM, VIP and other hot paradigms;
- Creating and contributing to core frameworks used by feature-squad developers at BlaBlaCar;
- Diving in foundations of session management, networking stack and Rx streams, rarely touching UIKit and visual things.
You will have full autonomy regarding the technical design of the projects, collaborating with talented mobile engineers from other teams to ensure sync and going into the right direction. Our technical stack is mostly based on a REST API and Oauth2. You will share your knowledge among the team but also outside the company to enrich your skills and contribute to the application improvements.
What you will need to be successful:
- Senior iOS engineer with a strong experience building online services;
- Exceptional proficiency in Swift and the iOS mobile development;
- Good knowledge of clean iOS architectures;
- Strong implication on the product development lifecycle, from the concept to the launch;
- Out of the box thinking and mindset of constant knowledge sharing;
- Implacable willingness to build massive, solid and reliable applications that scale;
- Assertive contribution to the decision making process and team roadmap;
- True team spirit that embraces the power that agility assigns to developers;
- Firm belief that “Done is better than perfect” and that “The member is the boss” are compelling values;
- Be humble, structured, organized, motivated by innovation and a relentless doer;
- Having some cool projects on AppStore is a plus;
- A fun attitude.
A few practical details about the role:
- Start: As soon as you are ready!
- Location: Paris
- Contract: Long-term contract (CDI)
- Compensation: Competitive package based on experience
What we offer all of our employees:
- A start-up spirit that fosters agility, teamwork and impact;
- Challenging career opportunities in a high-growth and fast-paced environment;
- Recurring access to technical conferences all over the world;
- Team Hackathons, Coding Nights;
- The choice between the latest Mac equipment;
- An inspiring working environment including state-of-the-art office spaces;
- Free carpooling to live our value “Think it. Build it. Use it.”;
- Annual BlaBlaBreak which takes us all for an unforgettable weekend;
- Weekly BlaBlaTalks when we learn from each other;
- And many more benefits - check them out on BlaBlaCar.com/dreamjobs.
What is next?
If you are ready to join our exciting journey, please send your CV (in English and PDF format) and answer the questions asked during the application process.
Please note that only complete applications will be reviewed by our hiring team and all your information will be kept confidential.
You can expect us to review your application within the following 2 weeks. If your application fits our requirements, we will invite you for a phone interview, a test followed by two in-house interview sessions.