Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels and across all offices. Operations teams around the globe support, evangelize and work to improve our games.
As part of Blizzard operations, the European Finance & Reporting team, we pride ourselves in having a world-class finance organization who go beyond just providing data, but act as financial business partners to our respective business units and franchise organizations. Through in-depth financial planning and analysis, the finance team has an intrinsic drive in being strategic partners with a combination of subject matter expertise, business-minded acumen, and geeking out on Blizzard products and culture!
Our team is currently looking for a talented Financial Analyst to support the European team during 12 months to develop strategy and financial analysis across the globe.
- Active in monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting for Europe
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts and understand ROI in capital spending and new projects.
- Track the financial progress of various company initiatives through financial databases, invoice logs, etc., which can then be used by managers to aid project management.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial and operating reports including but not limited to monthly operating statements, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, and budget data.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance.
- Passion for the video game industry
- 3 years’ experience in financial planning, particularly coming from the gaming, TV, or new media industries.
- Top academic performance in an analytical discipline
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Hyperion
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders all over the world (including finance, business operations, and development leaders)
- Structured and organized thinker; excellent written and verbal communications
- International business experience
Required Application Materials (in English)
- Cover Letter