English job in Paris
Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones. Founded in June 2012, Jumia's vision is to become the largest retailer in Africa, offering customers a shopping experience that is convenient, safe and second to none. With an employee base of over 1000 people, a 90,000 square feet e-commerce campus and core values of best-in-class delivery, innovation, and a customer-centric approach at all times, Jumia is set to become the largest retailer in Africa offering customers the widest assortment at affordable prices.
The Brand Manager Intern is co-responsible for his category and is playing a key role within the company, interacting with roughly all the departments and the top management (CCO – Category Director – Head of Vendor Management).
Delivering a strategy for future growth by building the most pertinent assortment of products, asking the buyer teams to follow up on your instructions
- Increasing the gross margin by being responsible for Jumia’s price position and asking the Key Accounts Teams to renegotiate the costs on strategic brands, categories and products
- Building a very friendly user interface, working closely with the shop management and marketing teams – It includes the creation of banners, new filters, enhancing the category tree, selecting the products you want to see at the top of the page, etc.
- Establishing plans that will be presented to the top management on the strategic decision you make (which price point do we target for this category, which marketing strategy I want to implement, which products do I want to source, what will be the upcoming best sellers).
- Managing all the replenishment and inventory tools for stock monitoring
- Creating weekly campaigns and coordinating with marketing to insure flawless execution.
- As a whole, you have to identify and to promote the best sellers that will lead the market and strengthen Jumia’s position as the leader of online retail
- Strong analytical skill
- Strong inter-personal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Fast learner
- Well organized
- Resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- A previous experience in management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds