Why You'll Love Cisco
We are changing the World. You will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything, from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired
What You’ll Do
- Utilize and expand your marketing and communications skills by completing a 12-week internship in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Gain insight into how a large, global marketing organization functions
- Take part in a variety of development opportunities, networking events, volunteer and social activities throughout the summer
- Internship assignments will be based on your educational background, skills, aspirations and interests
Challenge yourself and find the career path in Marketing that you’re passionate about while gaining real world experience! Plan and execute marketing projects in collaboration with your team. Partner with an experienced mentor to determine your career goals and strengths. Collaborate with Cisco Marketing leaders and work in areas such as brand, product, public relations, social media, operations and/or market research. Learn the foundations of marketing and use those skills to help jump-start your career.
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business/International Business or a related area
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, language skills should include English
- Team oriented, have strong communication skills and influencing skills
- Driven and self-motivated with a sense of curiosity
- Proven interest in marketing – internship, coursework or work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Market research and analysis
- Data analytics and insights
- Content creation
- Marketing project planning and execution
- Precise, resourceful, and able to prioritize under deadlines
- Leadership, interpersonal skills, creative thinker and problem solver
At Cisco, each person brings their own unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco