Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets, offering market participants a comprehensive range of services to meet their needs, including facilitating public offerings and providing trading facilities for equity and derivatives products to supplying market data as well as custody and settlement services. Its total product offering includes Equities, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. Euronext also leverages its expertise of running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. Euronext’s unique Single Order Book allows investors to trade, clear and settle in a uniform way across all of its markets and its common state of the art technology UTP, combine to generate significant efficiencies for clients. Together they enhance liquidity, lower costs and facilitate access to capital markets making Euronext’s market quality unrivalled, with market depth eight times the size of the average transaction and the lowest blue-chip spread in Europe.
In its role as a major player in financing the local economy, Euronext has a diverse market offering operating Euronext regulated markets Alternext and the Free Market; in addition it offers EnterNext, which facilitates SMEs’ access to capital markets. In 2013, through Euronext, more than €100bn was raised to finance the European economy, creating jobs and providing for growth.
Quant research team will use Big Data methodologies, solutions and tools to help optimize their business performance and provide client analytics by managing, sorting and filtering volumes of data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data. As a part of quant research team, the Quant Research Intern will use big data tools to build new data pipelines and tools. In collaboration with a big data specialist, he or she will help design databases, investigate data discrepancies in data pipelines, tune queries, implement queries and build the front-end. A successful candidate will be interested in
financial industry, be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as have knowledge of and/or experience in data engineering or software engineering.
- Help develop web based analytics applications for various business initiatives such as Euronext Block, ETF MTF, Derivatives, Risk Control and Listing activities. Also contribute to developing internal and external web solutions for data queries and data visualization.
- Help design the structure of quant research databases under Euronext Data Strategy project
- Using data mining tools, contributed to research projects such as macro factor regression model and order book interaction research
- Investigate and fix data quality issues in data pipelines and data warehouse
- Automate standard queries and reports
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Academic requirements: Bac +
- Study in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physical Science or related field;
- Current enrollment in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Some experience in web based application (site) will be a plus
- Knowledge in Python data mining packages will be a plus
- Experience in data science / data mining tools, such as Python/R, SQL, Django, Bokeh, Pandas, Plotly, Numply, Matplotlib etc.
- Skilled in big data technologies, such as Scala, Spark and data visualization tools
- Knowledge of front-end design, HTML etc.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Interest in financial industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Basic knowledge of exchange business
- Basic knowledge of different asset classes including equities, ETF
In complement of any application, please address in English a CV and cover letter/email explaining your motivations and qualifications for the job.