Quant research team will use Big Data methodologies, solutions and tools to help optimize their business performance and provide client analytics by managing, sorting and filtering volumes of data as well as extracting meaningful value from these large volumes of data. As a part of quant research team, the Data Engineering Intern will use big data tools to build new data pipelines and tools. In collaboration with a big data specialist, he or she will help design databases, investigate data discrepancies in data pipelines, tune queries, implement queries and build the front-end. A successful candidate will be interested in financial industry, be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment as well as have knowledge of and/or experience in data engineering or software engineering.
Help develop web based analytics applications for various business initiatives such as Euronext Block, ETF MTF, Derivatives, Risk Control and Listing activities. Also contribute to developing internal and external web solutions for data queries and data visualization. Help design the structure of quant research databases under Euronext Data Strategy project Using data mining tools, contributed to research projects such as macro factor regression model and order book interaction research Investigate and fix data quality issues in data pipelines and data warehouse Automate standard queries and reports
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Academic requirements: Bac + Study in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physical Science or related field;
- Current enrollment in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Some experience in web based application (site) will be a plus
- Knowledge in Python data mining packages will be a plus
- Experience in data science / data mining tools, such as Python/R, SQL, Django, Bokeh, Pandas, Plotly, Numply, Matplotlib etc.
- Skilled in big data technologies, such as Scala, Spark and data visualization tools
- Knowledge of front-end design, HTML etc.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Interest in financial industry
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Basic knowledge of exchange business
- Basic knowledge of different asset classes including equities, ETF
For any further information and to apply, please address your CV + covering letter to: candidaturesFR@euronext.com