Founded by the world’s leading pioneers in the field of neuromorphic vision, Chronocam develops computer vision sensors and systems for application in all fields of artificial vision. The sensor technology is inspired by biological eyes, acquiring the visual information in an extremely performing yet highly efficient way.
Chronocam’s disruptive vision sensor technology entirely overthrows the established paradigms of frame-based vision acquisition currently used everywhere in computer vision.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company and an exciting team and to lead a paradigm shift in computer vision across many industries.
- Bring research algorithms to the real world
- Work on several projects simultaneously, some short-term, some long-term
- Interact continuously with the product teams to make sure you conjointly design the best implementation possible
- Contribute to the business development activities of pre-sales interacting with customers for any technical aspects issued during the preliminary discussions until the closure of the deal
- Work innovatively and creatively within the group with a focus on protecting innovation and IP through patents
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The ideal candidate is a creative software individual with a proven experience in implementing Computer Vision in a startup or corporate environment.
- PhD in the field of computer vision or machine learning,
- or, PhD in another field with a proven experience in computer vision
- 5+ years working experience in computer vision
- Experience in conducting research or advanced projects outside of academia
- Awareness of the state of the art of machine learning, from standard methods to its latest developments
- Awareness of event-based computer vision
- Knowledge of C++ and Python (Matlab is a nice to have)
- Experience using OpenCV
- Knowledge and application/integration experience in one or more of the following industries: Industrial Automation, Automotive, Aerospace/Defence,…
- Familiarity with Agile software development principles and practices
- Exposure to machine learning
- Experience in a multidisciplinary team is a plus
- Experience with low latency video processing systems
- Experience with broadly used machine learning frameworks (i.e. Caffe, Theano, TensorFlow, …)
- Experience with Real-Time Embedded Systems
- Knowledge in GPUs programming
Language skills: English is mandatory as it is the working language of the company. French is significant asset for living in Paris.
Although the position does not require extensive travel, it may be required at times to travel internationally to meet customers and prospects