Smart’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that empower our customers to reach their digital business goals. They grow in a demanding environment that values performance and high-availability: our platform manages over 1 million bid requests per second and our dataset is about 3 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 2TB additional data per day).
Our innovation team based in Paris and Nantes is composed by 70 straightforward and energetic individuals working in an Agile environment and ready to tackle the most complex technical challenges.
Your mission 👇
Reporting to our DevOps Foundation Team Lead, you will join a team of stop-at-nothing individuals to implement all your ideas, and much more!
- Grow and maintain Smart’s worldwide infrastructure. Ensure the effective operation of servers, network, backups and security (1 000+ servers on 5 DC including 3 in Paris, 1 in Miami and 1 Cloud POP in APAC)
- Configure everything using automation
- Design growth production indicators to drive the platform capacityLead infra technical projects (DC moves, new network stack migration…) and act as a technical expert to other R&D teams
- Have a DevOps systematic approach for:
- Automating frequent network / server operations
- handling existing or new middleware technical stacks configuration
- monitoring key system metrics of the platform
- Participate to the platform transformation by leveraging public cloud approach for strategic R&D projects
- Strengthen relationships with our top IT service providers
- Push your ideas on any new projects (cloud, virtualization, security, network optimizations…)
About you 💪
- You graduated from a Master Degree in Computer Science (systems, network, security)
- You have 3+ years’ experience as a Linux System Engineer in a demanding production environment based on high availability and performance
- You master a few of the following network and middleware stacks that the team works with: switch, firewall, HAproxy, Redis, Hadoop, Aerospike, Prometheus, Grafana, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ClickHouse
- You demonstrated ability and interest in working in an Agile environment and on configuration management technologies (Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
- You have experience with public cloud management through devops principles / automate everywhere
- You have deep understanding of network and security best practices
- You are at ease prioritizing tasks
- You are a hands-on problem-solver able deal with several projects simultaneously
- Fluent English is required
Why you should apply...
- We are one! At Smart, we care for our people. We are certified Great Place To Work and are constantly improving our working environment. Meet the team: https://youtu.be/BxvmLDyXct0
- Grow with us! You will work in a challenging and fast-paced profitable context with varied projects and get awesome opportunities to develop your skills and grow internally.
- Leave your mark! Smart is a human-size company. Our employees thrive under autonomy and can easily have a strong impact on our business, customers and organization.
- Live global! You will work across countries & cultures through career path or Backpackers Program, our interoffice exchange program to boost employees’ collaboration.
- We are transparent! We speak with fact and data and have a true culture of feedback. We believe in an open world and show a strong sense of integrity both internally & externally.