At Streamroot, we’re working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world.
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps VoD platforms and live broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut their bandwidth costs by up to 70%.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot grew from 3 to 15 employees last year and now has offices in Paris and New York. We took part in the Techstars Boston and Numa (formerly Le Camping, in Paris) accelerator programs - two of the best in the tech world! We are market leaders in both Europe and the US.
As part of our team, you will tackle challenging and interesting problematics. You will not only maintain our core product, but also make it more efficient and stable.
This role requires good communication, collaboration, and organization skills. You will meet success at Streamroot if you are self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented, and even more if you have a passion for seeking ever higher levels of engineering quality.
- 3+ years of experience in programming
- Unit testing experience and mindset
- Experience shipping real products to customers
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Fluent English
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge in other programming language such as C, C++, Ruby, Python, Go…
- Knowledge in Peer-to-Peer systems
- Experience in video distribution
Compensation: salary + equity package based on skills and experience.Free fruits & coffee everyday!