Synthesio is a global organization with offices in NY, London, Paris, Brussels and Singapore. Best way to define us is as an “established startup” with a team of about 140 employees, created in 2006 and which is recently part of IPSOS group, one of the global market research leader.
We are a technology company that provides a Social Intelligence platform to our customers that allows them to make sense of the chatter that goes on throughout social media. Essentially, we pull large sets of unstructured conversations that occur on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram etc, blogs, forums, and using our proprietary technology and analytics, we can offer to our customers a way to understand what these discussions mean to their brands.
We sell into the Marketing or Communication leaders in large F1000 companies - such as Mastercard, Nissan, Estee - or large agencies - such as WPP. Best way to think of the Synthesio solution is that we are offering an innovative take on classic Market Research, Consumer Insight or brand management that is powered by conversations happening real-time on social media.
Our culture is:
- Global: Global organisation, very flat, we interact daily with all offices, all time zones, more than 30 differents cultures, so we appreciate being open minded, respectful.
- Simple: We take pride in finding simple solution to complex problems, so we look for scalable solutions, we are prone looking for/ giving feedback, being assertive, honest.
- Fun: We believe that autonomy, trust, conviviality, being one self and have fun is the best way to flourish and give the best of oneself
About the role
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will participate in building, scaling and evolving our constantly growing product and infrastructure. You will be part of a diversified squad with a PO, frontend developers and designers tasked to deliver new product features in complete autonomy, as well as to provide support for clients and operational teams.
As a Data Engineer, you will also work on long term projects such as infrastructure (re)design, datastore and processing optimization, solving complex problem similar but not limited to: full text search, massive data querying (100TB+ Elasticsearch, 25TB+ MySQL cluster), service monitoring (20+ HTTP APIs, 25+ Processing Daemons), data denormalization.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
Who You Are
* Scholar background in Computer Science
* 1-2 years of experience as a Data Engineer in a tech company is a plus
* Good knowledge about developing Data Engineering pipelines
* Interested in manipulating dozens of microservices in data processing pipelines handling billions of data
* Interested in massive data querying problematics (1 PB+ ElasticSearch, 750TB+ MySQL clusters, 50 TB+ ScyllaDB...)
* Knowledge in the fields of Go, ElasticSearch and microservices, Kappa or Lambda architectures is a plus
Our Stack : ReactJS, NodeJS, Go, Mysql, ElasticSearch, Kafka, REST & GraphQL APIs, Git, Vagrant, Docker, Jenkins, Python, Cassandra (ScyllaDB), Ansible
- * Interested in understanding user needs
- * Rigourness and strong appetite for software quality
- * Good communication and collaboration skills
- * Fluent in English or French. This includes written, speaking and reading