At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The OpenData product team is looking for a Data Analyst who is passionate about data and who has hands-on experience with complex data systems. The successful candidate will work directly with the Data Operations team and perform health system data extraction and transformation from various data sources and assist with data reporting and loading on a daily basis.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the data analytics process and will be tasked with helping the Data Operations team with a scalable framework for data collection, extraction, loading, reporting, and analysis. In this exciting role, you will be a central player in building innovative solutions using new data technologies. This is a great opportunity for natural problem-solvers and seekers of a fast-paced, agile work environments.
What You'll Do
- Understand how to translate high level design / requirements or Proof of Concept ideas from OpenData EU teams into actionable tasks and specifications to accomplish the goal
- Analyze feasibility and estimate workload for every request (JIRA process). Perform ad-hoc analysis to answer specific questions. Participate to Sprint planning meetings and Change Review Committees
- Assist in design and implementation of web scraping solutions to crawl, extract and ingest data using various tools (Mozenda, custom developed scripts, APIs etc).
- Work on data sources integration automation from specification phase to implementation using Veeva products and tools (Veeva Network MDM system, Veeva OpenData Integration Platform – VODip, Data Matcher etc.) and using SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL experience preferred)
- Build and maintain reports, KPIs and dashboards using Tableau or SQL queries
- Work on Data Partner integration (architecture definition, data model mapping, interfaces set-up with Partner, QA, post go live monitoring)
- Support and run Data Quality Assessment projects in coordination with Country Product Manager and Sales organization (Customer data set analysis, data preparation for matching, data comparison, presentation of the data evaluation outcome vs. defined objectives)
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Experience using web scraping tools such as Mozenda Platform, in house web scrape tools, web services (API) or cURL
- Strong hands-on experience with big database engines: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, including data profiling tools such as Talend Data Quality or SQL / data sheets
- Hands-on experience with one or more BI tools – e.g. Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Hands-on experience/proficiency with one or more scripting/development languages – e.g. Java, Python, Shell, html etc.
- Hands-on experience with Linux scripts and command line tool
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Proven analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to think creatively
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, persistence and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and articulate ideas
- Team player with the highest standards of integrity, honesty and mutual consideration
- Ability to focus, work effectively under pressure and follow instructions
- A drive for results reflecting an ownership mentality
Nice to Have
- 5+ years of Data Integration experience working on complex technical software projects
- Software development background
- Experience in SaaS based enterprise software
- Experience with Atlassian products, such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with healthcare/pharmaceutical data
Perks & Benefits
· Annual stock bonus and restricted stock units
· Free snacks and beverages, weekly lunch
· Allocations for continuous learning & development
· Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.